Saturday, January 21, 2012


As I sit here thinking about the Republican GOP Primary debates, some things come to mind. I vote based on issues that are close to my heart.

I would never vote for someone who was not against abortion. I don't understand abortion, and I don't want to. I hear arguments that it is a woman's body, it is her choice. That is a load of crap! If it was her body she should be classified as mutated because she would have two heads, two sets of lungs, and two hearts. Not to mention four eyes, four arms and four legs. It is not herself she would be killing, it is somebody else, and in my book that means murder.

America is the land of opportunity. All people should be treated equal. If one person works hard and becomes financially successful, there is no reason whatsoever that he should be held to different tax standards than the next guy. Our rich should not have to pay for our poor!

Speaking of the poor brings me to my next point of the welfare system. Having been in dire straits before, I have been the recipient of WIC, Food Stamps, and state funded health care. That being said, I have worked hard to get out of that situation and be self supportive. I will admit that my family still receive state funded healthcare, but we do pay a premium. My husbands employer does not offer it at his current status. I know a lady who is receiving $682 in W-2 money. In addition to that, she receives food-stamps, WIC, FREE healthcare, her rent is paid by Westcap for a minimum of the next one year, she gets free electricity. Did I mention that she is pregnant with her 3rd child, and I know of at least two abortions that she has had. She is refusing to work because she has a bad ankle; however, I have personally witnessed her running while playing with her children, pushing a heaping cart full of groceries around the grocery store, and biking three miles with her children to take them trick-or-treating to a neighborhood that "gives better candy." In addition, she lives in a 2nd story apartment, and seems to have no issues walking up and down a full flight of stairs. I think that our social service systems are abused in this country and need to be reformed. They need to have checks and balances in place that will protect our children and weed out abusers. First and foremost, drug testing should be mandatory for all recipients of any welfare program! You have enough money for tobacco and booze, but not enough for food, clothing and housing for your kids? You need to take a look at your priorities and the monies you receive from the government should be adjusted accordingly.

I have so many more political issues that I believe in, maybe I shall comment on some of those again soon. Until then, please get to know your political candidates and make the right choices when voting!

No comments:

Post a Comment